There are over 100 clinical studies that have investigated EFT and discovered that EFT is beneficial in a variety of ways.
You can read about some of them in Peta Stapleton’s book “The Science Behind Tapping: A Proven Stress Management technique For The Mind And Body”
I have selected the most relevant studies for people who would like to lose weight or reduce stress.
Study One (Stapleton)
- Participants were asked to think of a food that they craved
- The researchers found that when they thought about the food, there was significant activity in parts of the brain that are associated with experiencing a reward
- The participants then went through a 4-week, 8-hour EFT program
- At the end of the study, it was found that there was less activity in these brain areas, when they were thinking of the craved food.
- It was also found that craving scores for carbs & fast food over the course of the programme, reduced significantly. This study gives evidence that EFT can reduce the cravings
Study Two (Stapleton)
89 women went through an 8-week EFT programme. They didn’t actively change their diet or exercise regimes.
On average participants lost 16 pounds by the end of the study
Study Three (Church 2012)
- The researchers wanted to see if EFT could reduce stress.
- Stress can cause problems for those who want to follow a diet, as stress can lead to an increased appetite, sugar cravings and abdominal fat. It can also affect digestion and the absorption of nutrients. This means that a person would need to eat more food, to get the right amount of nutrients, that the body is craving.
- In the study, it was found that there was a 24% drop in cortisol (the stress hormone) in those in the EFT group (compared to 14% drop in the control group) and in some participants (in the EFT group) there was a 50% drop!
- This shows that EFT can reduce stress levels, which in turn will help people to eat less and enable their bodies to absorb the right nutrients, which in turn will potentially help them to lose weight.
If you would like to find out more about how I can help you to lose weight, using EFT, book a free 15 minute discovery call with me to find out how I can help you specifically. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07870 843875.