I am a weight loss therapist and my job is to help people to find out what is happening in their subconscious minds that are leading them to eat foods that are preventing them from reaching their goals, whether that is to lose weight or to become healthier.
Before the first session with a client I am interested to find out more about the way that they think, so that I can help them as best I can.
When someone finds it difficult to stick to a food plan, that will help them to reach their goals, it’s usually because of the beliefs that they have in their subconscious minds.
The subconscious mind is responsible for approximately 95% of our feelings and behaviours. It’s pretty powerful.
The willpower method that many people adopt when they are dieting, uses the conscious mind, which is nowhere near as powerful as the subconscious mind.
When the subconscious has been conditioned to believe that food gives someone pleasure or it helps someone to escape a painful emotions, it is very hard to battle against it.
For me to find out the cause of the eating issue for a client, I ask them the following questions to give me some form of clue of where we need to go, to free them from their need to eat certain foods:
- What foods do you crave?
- When do you crave them? What is happening at the time?
- What emotion did you feel just before the craving?
- How does the craved food make you feel? What does it relieve you of?
- When, in your life, did the eating start? What was happening at the time?
- What positive memories do you have of food, from when you were younger?
- Who is in those memories?
- What emotions did you feel at the time of the positive experience?
- What do you believe about the weight loss journey?
- List the things that will happen (good and bad) when you lose the weight
- What do you crave in life?
- What did you need in childhood but didn’t get?
- What did you learn about food, when you were a child?
- Did you answer the questions?
- Did you find them useful?
- Did they help you to understand some of the causes of your eating choices?
- Do you want some help to easily change your eating habits?
As you know, I’m a weight loss EFT therapist and I work with people who want to easily change their eating patterns and lose weight. If you would like to find out how I can help you, I offer free 20 minute discovery calls to discuss your problem further. If you are interested in a call, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope this blog helped to shed some light on your situation
Until next time